Thursday, January 29, 2009

Music: Kam Dhillon

This is just wicked Asian groove played by Kam Dhillon...

Dhillon is currently based in the UK. No need to understand the lyrics to get the funk. I think this has been the theme with a lot of the Bollywood movies I had the chance to see lately. There's always an important scene with music and dancing. If not, just take a look at some of the popular Bollywood movies that have emerged lately... films like "Bend It Like Beckham" and "Monsoon Wedding".

I simply adore this films, and maybe there's a reason why... I was wandering once in the Plaza Mayor in Madrid, and stepped into a tavern. I was ecstatic... It was full on a Sunday night... mostly men and a few women, there was loud flamenco music, and some men were actually dancing on the tables. They were older and really, a little chubby, but still, they looked so happy that you couldn't help but admire.

Maybe that's the reason why I like to see Bollywood films these days... yeah, women dance on those films... and quite nicely I'd say, but also men participate in the choreography, and they all seem happy to do it, so I enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment