Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The criminal lawyer

Not for a moment think that your pics are going to stay private if you share them with a potential date...

Holly cow!!!!

I'm pretty innocuous when it comes to swearing in English or in French... I'm probably better in Spanish, but won't expand on the idea.

Ok, I just hung up on a lawyer I'm supposed to date at some point, but let me start from the beginning.It's my day off, so I get up late, make myself a nice cup of coffee, enjoy it a little while watching the morning news. So, it's getting late and I think that I better get dressed and do something with what's left of the day.

You know, I've never really known how other people see me in terms of attractiveness, but I gather that if a guy wants to date me it's probably because he finds something that he likes in me... Well, the lawyer calls me while he was having a break at work, my cell starts ringing, and I'm in the shower washing my hair. Now, I don't know what on earth possessed me to reach out for the damn phone, so I'm talking to this guy while I'm naked in the shower.

I kept saying that I couldn't hear him very well, and couldn't even understand what he has saying, so I turned off the shower, and kept talking to him... you get the image, kind of silly... so, I tell him, "Look I'm taking a shower right now, do you mind if I call you in a few minutes..." He begs me to stay on the line because he's on his break and it'll be only a little while. So, so stupid of me, I agree, and I'm freezing my but in the washroom.

We had exchanged a few messages, and pictures too... so, he tells me that he finds me very attractive and that he really wants to go out with me. I say, "well thanks", and again I tell him that stupid thing about not knowing really how other people see me. "In fact", he says, "I showed the pictures to my friend and he thought you were really hot too!" Ok, I'm freezing my but to no end, and my jaw just dropped to the floor when he told me that. I couldn't believe he was showing my pics to somebody else...

All I could stutter was "Your friend?"; "Yeah," he said, "so you must know that you're attractive when two guys agree on that, and actually, he wants to meet you too, so maybe the three of us could go out for dinner some time..."

Talking about an awkward situation, all I wanted to do in that instant was to turn on the hot water, and the only thing I could answer was "Well, I suppose we could go out for dinner" trying to stress the word dinner at the end. "Ok, sweetie" he said, "I'll let you finish washing your hair, and I'll call you tomorrow"

So, I turn on the warm water as soon as I can, and I stand there in disbelief of what I just heard...

No comments:

Post a Comment